Msc. Geologist, Msc Hydrogeologist with focus on hydrogeology and geothermics. I lived for a few years in Asia and Africa. My work experience was carried out predominantly in a team but I had independent tasks in technical, educational and commercial projects.
Practice in springs monitoring, pumping tests, low-enthalpy geothermal system design, water well drilling, geological surveys. ESRI ARcMap, Goldensoftware Package.
- Field geology:borehole stratigraphy log, geological, geotechnical and hydrogeological mapping
- Hydrogeology: General hydrogeological investigation, water balance assessment; Water quality assessment, groundwater water monitoring, groundwater sampling, Estimation of Darcy velocity with the dilution technique in a piezometer; use of hand and digital topographic leveling tool for groundwater-river interaction study
- Geotechnics: soil deformations estimations , tunnel groundwater infiltration estimation
- Modelling: Feflow basic modelling
- Geoanalysis: variogramm, kriging
- Geothermy: calculations for low-enthalpy geothermal systems
- Pumping test: long term and step test, Excel interpretation, basic Matlab usage
- GIS: georeferencing – interpolation of hydrochemical data – watershed calculation – map creation
- Geophysics: 1D geoelectrical vertical profile + interpretation, hands-on experience with RMT, VLF-EM Cross Antenna, knowledge of VLF-EM Grad Antenna; tomography
- WATSAN training (September 2013)
- Languages: Italian, English, French, German, (Spanish)
• 2016, Master degree in Hydrogeology and Geothermics.
• Watsan (Wash) training with the University of Neuchatel and ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross), August 2013
• Since August 2012 In partnership with foldtani.it, Italian geological office and working in projects of site remediation, geological surveys, and water well drilling.
• 2003-2011: I reduced my activities (“père au foyer”).
• 2004-2005: ECOSEC Delegate of the International Committee of the Red Cross (www.icrc.org) in Darfur, Sudan.
• 2002:Part-time, Teacher of Mathematics and Sciences in the middle school in Chiasso,
• 2001: Sale Rep for Europe of software solutions ( HNC Software , San Diego, telecommunication anti-fraud solutions) Spain, Italy, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Macedonia, Netherlands, Austria.
• 1994-2000: Pharmaceutical Representative for the Ticino and the Engadine, Laboratoires OM), then for Merck Sharp & Dohme-Chibret-visits to doctors, hospitals and pharmacies across the area, organizing local events, responsible for local sales.
• 1989-94: Delegate of the International Committee of the Red Cross (www.icrc.org) in Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa – various humanitarian activities but mainly related to visiting detention centers and relationships with local authorities.
• 1988-9: Trainee at the Ticino State Geological Survey, Bellinzona, Switzerland.
• Dipl ETH Earth Sciences, 1988 (Dipl. ETHZ Erdw.) ETH ZURICH, Switzerland
• May 2013: Deep Geothermal Congress at the Bodensee-Geothermie Event, St Gallen, Switzerland
• December 2012: 3 days course on Geothermic at SPAI, Locarno
• September 2012, Redr Course at Silsoe, UK: hydrogeology field course for engineers.
• June 2012: course on building stonewalls, Chiasso, Switzerland
• Member of Engineers Without Borders Switzerland
• Member of the International Association of Hydrogeology (IAH)